StreetTeam Application Procedure and Materials
Applications accepted from March 1st through May 1st for each summer
To be eligible for the StreetTeam Leadership Program you must meet the following criteria:
- Be between the ages of 14 and 17 years old before the third week of June the year of participation.
- Live within the city of Detroit.
- Complete the instructions below, attend all three Job Readiness Workshops, and attend a StreetTeam interview.
1. READ - Letter from Director
3. PRINT, COMPLETE, and MAIL - Job Readiness Workshop Permission Slip (Adobe pdf file)
Send it to:
Job Readiness Workshops
P.O. Box 06650
Detroit, MI 48206
Deadline is: May 1st the year of participation.
4. PRINT, COMPLETE, and BRING TO FIRST WORKSHOP
Print and complete the 3-page application form below, and have your parent(s)/guardian complete the 2-page parental evaluation.
Please bring these completed forms along with your $10 application fee (a one-time fee) to the first workshop on May 7th.
Please note: Completing the application materials does not mean that you have been accepted into the summer work program.
5. ATTEND - Job Readiness Workshops (see "Letter from the Director" above for dates)
Remember to bring to the first workshop:
- Completed Application
- Completed Parental Evaluation
- $10 application fee
6. COMPLETE - all homework assignments given during workshops
7. GET INTERVIEWED download - Resume template (Microsoft Word document)
8. WE CONTACT YOU - to let you know if you are hired